Friday, January 28, 2011

Mount Pope day

Snowshoed up the Mount Pope trail today, it was a beautiful day with -4 temp and bright blue sky. The trail Was quite icy and I was tired by the time I got to the lookout at 1.5k. Quite different from 2 weeks ago when sharon and I broke trail through knee deep new snow. Sharon didn't make the walk today due to an injured foot, She was not very happy to be riding the exercise bike instead walking up the mountain with me.
There were very few birds on the walk today, heard one American Three-toed Woodpecker, a few Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees and a Piliated Woodpecker flew over calling.
the walk down was so slippery I took the snowshoes off and walked down without them for safety, I really hate getting hurt, and a fall on that trail would certainly hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment